Welcome to AFC Portchester, we’re glad you’ve chosen our club for your child to play football. We are one of the biggest and best run clubs in the area and have unrivalled facilities for you to use.
Here is some useful information:
- · Mini Soccer includes all ages up to and including Under 10, after which teams are classified as Youth Soccer
- · Home matches are played at Red Barn School or at Wicor Rec, away matches are confirmed on a weekly basis via your team’s manager
- · Teams play in either a Saturday or Sunday league as advised by your manager
- · The cost is £22 per child, per month, payable by Direct Debit between September and May inclusive
What your £22 covers:
- · Cost of pitches at the Rec and at Red Barn
- · Entry and affiliation to the leagues, cups & FA
- · Cost of coaches’ and managers’ qualifications (all must achieve FA Level 1 status) and First Aid courses
- · Insurance
- · Equipment like cones, balls and bibs for your team
- · An end of season gift for the kids
- · FREE entry to all First Team league home games in “the cage” for kids and a parent
- · 15% discount in the members’ bar
- · Discounted rates on hiring the Clubhouse for events and parties – great for kids’ and adults’ events!
- · Entry for your team into our summer tournament
- · Discounts and access to other events such as Fireworks Night, Xmas party, NYE and much more throughout the year
- · Midweek training facilities during the darker months
- · Referees (Under 9s onwards) at home games
What your £22 doesn’t cover:
- · Kit for your team – a great opportunity for your business or that of a friend/relative to get involved with the community and get some good advertising by sponsoring the cost
- · More expensive equipment like Samba goals etc, although we run lots of fund raising events to help teams raise money for this sort of thing
- · Additional training your team may choose to run
Things to remember:
- · EVERYONE involved with Mini Soccer at AFC Portchester is a volunteer
- · We always need more help, both with coaching and with events – please don’t be shy if you want to join in
- · ALL your money is used within the club – we do not run for profit
- · The weather is not always on our side and things can get cancelled/postponed at little or no notice – we try our best to keep everyone informed
- · This is kids’ football, not the Premier League. It’s fun to win but we can learn from losses too!
- · Aggressive, unpleasant behaviour is rare at this club and WILL result in you being asked not to return.
I look forward to meeting you and hope you and your child enjoy your football with us!
AFC Portchester Youth Chairman