Welcome to AFC Portchester Youth, we’re glad you’ve chosen our club for your child to play football. We are one of the biggest and best run clubs in the area and have unrivalled facilities for you to use.
ALL your money is used within the club – we do not run for profit. The cost to play in the 2020-2021 season is as follows;
A one-off membership fee of £25 (£15 for a second sibling) taken by Direct Debit on 1 st August
20 per child, per month, payable by Direct Debit, starting 1st September 2020.
All payments are taken by direct debit, please ensure you click through to our direct debit form once you have completed the membership form. If your child joins mid-season, then the membership fee will be payable with your first monthly payment.
What your £20 covers:
- Cost of pitches at Wicor Rec, Portchester Community School and Red Barn School
- Entry and affiliation to the leagues, cups and county competitions
- Cost of coaches’ and managers’ qualifications (all must achieve FA Level 1 status) and First Aid courses
- Equipment like cones, balls and bibs for your team
- FREE entry to all First Team league home games in “the cage” for kids and a parent
- 15% discount in the members’ bar
- Discounted rates on hiring the Clubhouse for events and parties – great for kids’ and adults’ events!
- Entry for your team into our summer tournament
- Discounts and access to other events such as Fireworks Night, Xmas party, NYE and much more throughout the year
- Midweek training facilities on 3G pitches during the darker months
- Referees (Under 10s onwards) at home games
What your £20 doesn’t cover:
- Kit for your team – a great opportunity for your business or that of a friend/relative to get involved with the community and get some good advertising by sponsoring the cost
- More expensive equipment like Samba goals etc, although we run lots of fundraising events to help teams raise money for this sort of thing
- Additional training your team may choose to run
Things to remember:
- EVERYONE involved at AFC Portchester Youth is a volunteer, we always need more help, both with coaching and with events – please don’t be shy if you want to join in
- The weather is not always on our side and things can get cancelled/postponed at little or no notice – we try our best to keep everyone informed
- This is kids’ football, not the Premier League. It’s fun to win but we can learn from losses too!
- Aggressive, unpleasant behaviour is rare at this club and WILL result in you being asked not to return.
We look forward to meeting you and hope you and your child enjoy your football with us!