Over the last few years there has been a resurgence in ladies’ football, with the England Lionesses qualifying five times for the FIFA Women’s World Cup, reaching the quarter finals on three of those occasions; as well as reaching the final of the UEFA Women’s Championship on two occasions; and winning the 2019 SheBelieves Cup. Players such as Lucy Bronze, Steph Houghton and Jill Scott are now household names.
Ladies football at AFC Portchester has had a similar resurgence, and now a team of qualified and experienced coaches are dedicated to the development of girl’s football, starting from under 10’s and going through to the ladies first team (over 18).
All of our coaches are DBS CRB vetted and every team has at least one FA Level 1 qualified coach. We are always looking to add to our roster of players, especially at the teenage years, and our current teams and respective coaches are:
- Under 10’s – coached by Darren.
- Under 12’s – two teams; one coached by Sarah & Gary, and one by Nathan.
- Under 13’s – coached by Lee and Scott.
- Under 14’s – coached by Luke and Steve.
- Under 15’s – coached by Jim & James.
- Under 17’s – coached by Paul and Brad.
- The Ladies first team is managed by Mark Dugan.